1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Ejecting

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by Vormz, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Vormz

Vormz Member

Hi, i Recently bought a Pioneer DVD-ROM and at first had a few probs with playing dvd's smoothly as it would play as if it has frameloss or Lag.

Anyways i aventually fixed that problem and was enjoying my dvd player for about 2 days then when i took my Tiesto in Concert dvd out everything went wrong. After that when i go to put a dvd in the drive it goes in fine... but comes out 1 or 2 seconds later again. it does it with every dvd. It does spin the disk or attempt to read ether it just constantly ejects the disk. Ive tried verious kinds of things and cant seem to figure the problem. I can usually fix stuff like this but i dont seem to even have a lead to what may be the problem.

If anyone knows please help.

Pete

2. colw

colw Active member

Sounds like a premature ejectualtion problem to me - overexcited??

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  3. Vormz

Vormz Member

Well i was watching Tiesto :D

but... that doesn help colw, please dont reply if it doesnt help in any way.

4. colw

colw Active member

Sorry for being flippant - could not resist.

As a new installation, I would check your master/slave setup and verify that they are correct.

Pioneer are normally good quality and very reliable - while I cannot answer your specific query, I am quite sure that it would be a relatively minor setting prob.

5. Vormz

Vormz Member

Ive already tried swapping but DVD rom all around from Ssecondry slave to Secondary Master and now its Primary Slave and it still dont work. The thing is, is the DVD-ROM is being detected fine and its saying the Device is working Properly etc, but when i put a CD in the drive it just ejects again. My brother thinks it could be a loose wire or something, but im not sure.

Thanks for the help tho colw.

PS: Some more info, its a slot drive not a tray drive.