1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Freezing

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jk323, Nov 6, 2003.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

hi all my ps2 kinda sucks its a v7 recently bought bout 2-3 months ago and has problems already i probably got it messed up because box was kinda crushed damn online products and ups well yeah its been bout 2 months already and i just wanted to know if anyone was having the same problem with theyre backup discs some of my games keep freezing anytime especially espn football even when i play the originals i get constant freezing anyone know what the problem is because some people say all i need is a lazer adjustment or whatever can anyone help me out on how to fix this freezing problem because i use v7 ps 2 with smd's and slide card and cant return to sony because of the hassle

2. jk323

jk323 Guest

c'mon now this must happen to some of you backups do freeze sometimes and if it has happend to u please post pretty please and if u have a solution to this please also post that i dont know how to get rid of the freezing all i did was use air dusters inside the console and removing the dust didnt do anything =( i hate having to swap games every min

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am thinking your dvd drive in your ps2 is gone.I also had somebody tell me to make a laser adjustment one time in my ps2 but all it needed was a cleaning.I think it happened to you from doing the swap trick no lie.You would be better off selling it and buying a new one than mess around with fixing it.The best way to mess with back ups is fliptop in my oppinion.

4. jk323

jk323 Guest

damn you sure using swap method makes problems like: freezing games on u see the thing is some of my games work for hours and dont freeze moslty the newer ones always freeze especially when burned on memorex 4x media i also use tdk 2x dvd-R and it doesnt freeze much its the memorex 4 x im going to use up the rest i have left then never buy memorex again i always thought memorex was one of the top brands for high speed media but i was wrong also how can i clean my ps2 instead of adjusting the lazer please write me more im desperate for fixing my ghetto ps2 that already has problems only after 2-3 months i bought it brand new and it already has problems i havent used it wrong in any way or dropped it all i did to it was use backups like 2-3 months and the stupid thing wore out already can u please give me more specs on how to clean the lazer or adjust it i might go with cleaning first i saw those lazer cleaner cds if thats what ur talking bot thanks

5. jk323

jk323 Guest

HELP PLEAse ! i dont know what to do should i clean my ps2 and hope that it will stop the skipping or should i just take my ps2 somewhere and get a lazer adjustment or should i send my ps2 back to sony if thats possible would they replace it?

6. jk323

jk323 Guest

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jk323

jk323 Guest

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

What mod chip do you have in your machine?

9. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sorry, I just saw what you were using to boot. Unfortunatelly, if you've tried cleaning the drive, then more than likely the drive is just going bad and if you can't return to Sony for repair, you'll just have to get another lens and install or just get another PS2 altogether.

10. mconly

mconly Member

jk323 - if you want to communicate properly, you should use punctuation. otherwise, your messages are so messed up and annoying to read. i'm assuming the country you're from offers free elementary education, you should look into it.