1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant skips and pauses throughtout backups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kay41, Jan 25, 2005.

1. kay41

kay41 Member

I have copied about 20 dvd9-> TDK DVD-R 4x media. I constantly get annoying skips and pauses. These skips come in groups... for example, the movie will play fine for the first half hour, then for 5 minutes straight, it will skip, then fine again.

I have an extenal dvd writer hp dc5000 (it's internal equivalent is the dvd630). I'm using DVDShrink+Nero @ 2.4x burn speed. I've tried brand new movies... I've tried decreasing target size to 4300. Since I'm using a laptop, I know there could be a power problem, so I always make sure to shut down all other external devices (I even dim down my screen to conserve on power).

Let me also mention that they play skip free in my laptop. Any help would be great. Thanks.

-k

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

try different media

TDK's not always consistent

3. viper64

viper64 Guest

Try Maxell DVD-R 4X

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try maxell -4x yellowtops.Look at the label for "made in japan".They should take care of that issue.

5. swervin

swervin Regular member

I whole heartedly agree with the others. Different media and I highly recommend the Maxell -R yellow tops. Try to find a 15 pack spindle. Office Depot or Staples has these on sale a lot. A great disk.

Mike

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Oddly enough, I'm using the Maxell 4X DVD-R's with the yellow tops, and have had several bad burns now. But something else may be going on, so I'm reserving judgment on them for now.