1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantine won't boot with swapmagic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jason78, Mar 4, 2005.

1. jason78

jason78 Member

I have just bought this game (pal version) for ps2 and want to make a backup of it. Used dvd decryptor to extract the iso and then the same software to write it to dvd-r. When I load swapmagic and swap the disc the screen goes black as if it is going to load, but it doesn't. Had the same trouble with some other games too:-altered beast, sonic mega collection, ratchet and clank 3, catwoman, shadow of rome and mercenaries. I know there is a problem with some games and have read a lot of these forums for help. Have patched a couple of games but they still aren't working. The games I have backed up last year all work perfectly. Have sony caught on and encrypted their new software more heavily.

2. Nappster

Nappster Member

I backed up Constantine with DVD Decrypter and I used SM 3.3, it works fine. I also have Ratchet & Clank 3, Shadow of Rome (patched) and those work fine as well. I would say try different media.

3. jason78

jason78 Member

I am using memorex dvd-r. Are there any brands you would recommend. Have tried maxell dvd-r but they weren't great either.

4. Nappster

Nappster Member

I use Sony DVD+R 4X for everything and the only game I ever had a problem with was Mercenaries. (Still can't get that game to work even with the patch) I also use HP DVD-R 8X and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4X. In my experience Maxell doesn't work at all. Never tried Memorex.

5. jason78

jason78 Member

I am using a slimline ps2 and the magic switch with swapmagic 3.3. Does that make any difference? Will try another brand of discs to see if it works this time. Thanks for replying.

6. Nappster

Nappster Member

I am using the same setup. Slimline with ghost clips and SM 3.3. So I would just try different media and you should be fine. And I burn everything at 4X speed without any problem.