1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continue Download with .Part File?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sniper128, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

Hey guys,
    I recently tried to download Americas Army, if you play the game then you would know that it's a 3 GB file to download, and at 90 kbps it's kind of a pain to have to re-download all over again...Well my internet really sucks and for some reason the internet always dies for periods of time then fixes it self.

I was downloading and I left the computer on, and the internet died and the whole damn thing failed. Now I'm left with a 2.5GB file and a whole load of nasty emails to send to my ISP. Is there anyway I can start the download with the .Part file and not have to do it all over again?

-Thanks.

2. onya

onya Guest

I use uTorrent as a client and the same has happened to me a few times. All I did was to update the "tracker" and all is well. If you have chosen differently, then tell us what client you use. All info helps us. (we can't discuss cracks or other illegal file sharing activities however) Don't delete the files you have already, as i believe by re-connecting to that particular site, you will be able to finish off what you started. Sorry can't post pics at present.

Cheers.

3. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

Well its Americas Army, it's freeware. I was just using the I was just downloading from a website so I wasn't using a client.

I know I've done it before, but I'm not sure how I did it. I think all I did was download it again and it just started in the middle.

I'll check it out.

-Thanks