1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

controller port issue

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mitzel, Mar 26, 2007.

1. mitzel

mitzel Member

This is a weird one. I have a PS2 with the DMS4 lite mod chip and a HDD installed and I boot to that with HDloader. Been working fine for months. Now the controller only works if I have a action replay memory card in memory port 1. If I put a sony memory card in port 1 or 2 the controller stops working. Controller wont work when the AR card is not in port 1. Action replay disk doesnt see the card or any other cards as a memory card either. The sony boot screen doesnt see any memory cards no matter what port or what card. Besides this everything else works fine when the AR card is in port one. I flashed the bios with toxicbios and the DMS bios. Nothing changes. Also bought a new controller in case that was the issue but same thing is still happeneing.

Anyone have any ideas? If there was some way I could save I would be happy also. Let me know if you need any more information.

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

The mod chip and the ar are probably interacting with each other. never heard of this tho and not sure how to fix it. good luck

3. mitzel

mitzel Member

The weird thing is the crad wasnt even in the PS2 when this all started. I never had the card in. I just happened to be trying everything when the controller stopped working and tried the AR disk and put the crad in then and found out that it only works with it in after that. Im thinking the chip mad of went bad and may just take it out completly.

4. 3lement

3lement Regular member

try it and see if it works. if it doesnt do a little more research on it. good luck.