1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

controller stopped working

Discussion in 'PS3' started by ajf81280, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

After i opened up the controller and then I reassembled, when ever I try and turn it on it does but when i press for instance the X button it moves up and down rapidly on the screen through the XMB. I was wondering if maybe i touched something on the circuit board, or if someone knew why this might be happening...thanks!

2. dominicfortune00

dominicfortune00 Member

It sort of sounds like the controller didn't go back together exactly right.

The original six axis controllers are harder to put back together than the dualshock3 controllers due to the design of the controller casing.

The six axis controller casing has more parts than the dualshock3 casing.

Try taking it apart again as some part may have gotten trapped under another part and does not have a free range of motion.

When you reassemble it, pay special attention to the buttons to make sure they are free to move correctly.

Good luck!

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Some of those controllers can be a real pain to get them back together.It is very hard to get everything lined up perfectly so they go back together and work like they are supposed to.The main thing is to take your time when putting them back together.