1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion - ISO to Video_TS and Audio_TS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maxx77, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

MY shrink doesnt have a green button, where is it?

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like he may have gotten the Decrypter and Shrink buttons mixed up. As long as the right one got pressed, I guess all is well.

3. maxx77

maxx77 Member

Damn, I have put the wrong software in the forum. It should be DVD Decrypter in lieu of DVD Shrink. Please accept my sincere apology

Maxx

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

Let's see, that's 20 demerits, bread and water, and no privileges for a week. LOL No problem, most of us get in a hurry and make errors. Luckily it isn't life threatening and things tend to get corrected.

5. bruce500

bruce500 Guest

This appears to be exactly the place to raise this issue. I have been ripping DVDs to ISOs using DVD Decrypter successfully. That is, until I encountered the very recent Ray. I appear to have all the files, but when replaying the ISO file on VLC media player it freezes on the PG13 rating. Another equally recent film works just fine.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ray i think has the jumpimg boy protection!

hes in the unreferenced material on the dvd, if useing main movie all well! but all the film you need to make him a still image in dvd shrink! then burn!

dvd shrink has a preview window you may see it there if you found the right part!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  7. bruce500

bruce500 Guest

"Jumping Boy Protection." Like a lot of things, that's a new one on me. What would I be looking for in the files to get rid of the boy if that's what I'm trying to do? It does sound like I've got to download DVD Shrink.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Shrink is still handy for some things, but I would suggest using AnyDVD, the driver style decrypter from Slysoft.
    http://www.slysoft.com
    AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! AnyDVD decrypts not just DVDs: AnyDVD allows you also to play, copy and rip protected Audio CDs!

Thought I'd add the what does it do. I've done most of the difficult DVDs mentioned on the forum. Just by keeping AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter up to date, I've been able to back up all the DVDs so far. I did have to rip RE2 with DVD Shrink to correct the structure in order to burn. So, besides being a decent transcoder app, Shrink has a lot of handy utilities built in.

So, currently to do the more difficult DVDs, I employ AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink. I now consider those 3 a must. AnyDVD is the only one of the 3 that is retail. One can use those 3 or choose another transcoder and burner setup to complete the backup. I employ DVDCopy3 for most movies and when the compression gets high enough to affect quality, I'll use RB/CCE. So far, I've had no problems with the running man, jumping man or anything else. Also, I've not had to do any editing to get the files to record.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you find unrefereced material in shrink? if so you may see him in the preview window in shrink??? not sure if you can view him?

but make the unreferened a still image (compression) in shrink! but if you want main movie dont woryy! its only if you want all the whole dvd!

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Rotary
    Initially I ripped with AnyDVD and Decrypter to the HD. That eliminated the jumping boy or running man as I've heard this type structural encryption referred to as both. I was left with a bogus IFO in RE2 which was causing a problem completing the backup. I ripped the Video_TS folder to another folder on the HD using Shrink. That corrected the IFO structure in a matter of minutes. Then it was a simple process to transcode and burn. I suspect if I had originally ripped with AnyDVD and Shrink (No Compression) I could have eliminated the step of recopying the files to another folder for correction. [bold]Shrink doubles as a ripper and with AnyDVD does an excellent job. Also, it corrects minor structural problems in the process.[/bold]

11. brobear

brobear Guest

By the way, I backed up the complete disc with all menus, extras, sound tracks, subtitles, and both the full screen and widescreen version of the movie. The disc worked well and the sound and video were excellent; even with both versions of the movie. RE2 isn't overly large; it just has an annoying encryption system. I've done Bourne Supremacy, Little Black Book, The Forgotten and others with structural type encryption and some of those with the "running man" or "jumping boy".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2005
  12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you take the whole film rip and compress with DVD2one the new version supposed to correct the ifo structure!,

you dont ahve to edit anything?

sounds good but i havent tested it! yet!

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Since I already have AnyDVD, and consider it an essential DVD backup tool, I find it simpler to just use the AnyDVD along with DVD Shrink (No Compression) to do the ripping on problematic movies. The Shrink corrects the IFO structure during the rip. Then I can edit or transcode and burn with any of the backup apps I choose. Since the Shrink is free, that is a real plus.

One could just use Shrink to do the transcoding, but I prefer DVDCopy3. It does a great job and is a lot faster in the process.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2005
  14. maxx77

maxx77 Member

Hi

Here is a simple instruction for burning ISO on DVD for those who want to know:

1 - select the IMG files and press a right button of the mouse, you will see 'Burn using DVD Decrypter'

2 - DVD Decrypter will appear on the screen and press a green arrow button. The process of burning will proceed. (Make sure DVD-RW device in the destination)

Enjoy burning guys

Maxx77

15. brobear

brobear Guest

maxx77
    The problem isn't in knowing how to burn the ISO, but in what instances to use file mode and then convert back to ISO, if an image file is desired for the burn. With the newer structural encryption systems, it is often advisable to work in the File mode so the individual files can be accessed as necessary. The files have to be ripped and in correct structural form to burn, whether in Video_TS or ISO. The end process of burning is the easy part.

I've burned hundreds of DVDs, some in ISO and most in Video_TS. I don't have a problem with either playing. So, if it takes extra time and steps, I'm definitely not going to change from one format to the other. Some people preach ISO and others File mode. To me it is just a preference and only has relevance as it fits into the scheme of how to backup a DVD using particular software.

16. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

What exactly are you talking about when you say "ISO", are you talking about AVI files?

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Opus54
    Check the Glossary in the future. They have a listing of a lot of terms and words commonly used in association with DVD recording.

ISO
    Apart from being one of the leading standards organizations, ISO refers also to a CD or DVD image (not picture..) file with an extension of ".iso". The extension comes from the full name of the CD-ROM and DVD-ROM file system specification, ISO 9660.

Just like other CD/DVD image formats, ISO is a file that contains full content of the disc, including every single track, directory, file and information about the structure of the disc (i.e. ISO files can't be used as they are, but they need to be either "mounted" with tools like Daemon Tools or burned to CD or DVD in order to see what files the disc image actually contains). Normally ISO files are being used to replicate existing CD/DVD discs, transfer those discs over the network to other location (or to other person) and burn back to CD/DVD which then would be an identical replica of the original disc.