1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Avi to cue/bin

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lil_pyro, Mar 10, 2007.

1. lil_pyro

lil_pyro Member

i am trying to conver my avi files to cue files so i can burn them as a vcd using nero, ive already burned a couple of .cue files to cd using nero and the movies work fine on my dvd player, i have a program that converts mpeg to cue and ive also used that but it doesnt convert avi to cue and ive tried converting avi to mpeg but it takes forever...does any1 know a program that converts avi to cue?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

A BIN/CUE is just a CD image. You want to convert to VCD, not BIN/CUE. Convert an avi to a BIN/CUE and you just get a CD image containing an avi. Some apps will convert to VCD and output BIN/CUE's though.

3. lil_pyro

lil_pyro Member

yes but how long does doing that take? and also is there any program that enable me to rapidly burn movies i have saved on my computer such as avi or mpeg files onto dvd without taking a million hours, i know its off topic but it would really help

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Burning doesn't take that long at 16x/18x. Once again though if you have an avi and want DVD video, you have to convert first. The time it takes depends on your hardware, the encoder and settings.