1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert AVI to DVD - issues using ConvertXtoDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adz07, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

you just click start and save as (insert what ever you want to call file) then it will save it corrected

but did you play file to test sound first? as that sounds a hell of a lot to be out? i play about the middle of avi you can see if sync out there onwards to end of avi

is it a single avi?

if it plays beforehand out of sync files of that big a sync issue i usually find there bad files!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. mysabre

mysabre Member

Hi Rotary,
    Yes, it is a single avi. I didn't play it first. I just ran it thru AVI-MUX and then converted it. Actually, I had one yesterday that the delay said 2499. So, I corrected it and then converted, burned it and it's fine. Both of these avi's said that there were bad files in the 2nd audio line - the one that you click on to see what the delay is. On another note, I mentioned a while ago that I thought that the picture quality was not as good since switching to TY's. I did some testing and found that the picture quality is the same whether using Sony or TY. But, the dvd's that I converted and burned with Convertxtodvd are not near as clear picture-wise as with DVDFlick. Is there a setting I should be changing for the video on Convertxtodvd? Otherwise, I think I will go back to DVDFlick even though I paid over $40 to get Convertxtodvd without the watermark.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yes open options / encoding tab

set high quailty / slow encoding

that should sort you, still very fast to encode!

4. mysabre

mysabre Member

That is what it was already on. High quality/slow encoding.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmmm, interesting, if thats the case then i should test dvdflick myself....