1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by koola, Nov 15, 2003.

1. rdp1234

rdp1234 Member

ive got a problem converting a divx to dvd i use virtualdub to extract the audio to wav then virtualdub again to save the avi without sound. i'm using avsynth to frameserve to CCE sp 2.5 and besweet to convert the wav to ac3. everything goes smoothly but when i author the dvd with tmpegenc dvd author and put it into my dvd player the sound starts out in synch and gradually ends up out of synch any ideas what might be causing this?

2. vadimo

vadimo Member

hi can someone tell me how do i join to files together audio+video
    i used TMPGEnc to convert my file into PAL DVD and now i got audo and video. so how to join them in??

3. baadshah

baadshah Member

4. taximan

taximan Guest

if anyone could help me..it would be greatly appreciated. I keep posting up messages but no one seems to know what to do. And first of all i'm not trying to create movies here that fill up the full 4.7 gb of space on a dvd-r. I have anime files that are around 200-300 mb big and i just want to convert them to dvd files that are readable and burn em off. I tried alot of guides but those are for people who are converting huge movie files and want to only put a movie on one dvd...i'm planning to put around 7 or 8 files on each dvd-r. If anyone could help me then i would be obliged. PLEAZ REPLY ASAP...and give me a good answer pleaz

5. vadimo

vadimo Member

how the hell do you use that program to combine audi and video, lol
    ???

6. baadshah

baadshah Member

7. joshd50

joshd50 Member

hi, i just downloaded a movie off of kazaa and it didnt open when i tried to play it. It said xvid in the title so i downloaded it, but i do not know how to use it, can someone please help

8. elliott

elliott Regular member

You need to download divx codec for windows and or the xvid codec just do a general search or look on this website for it.

9. s10237

s10237 Guest

To burn to a dvd I got an xvid file do I convert it to MPEG1 or 2

10. elliott

elliott Regular member

convert to mpeg if you want to make vcd or mpeg to for svcd or dvd

11. ack_84

ack_84 Member

G'day, I've got a bit of a problem with subtitles with a DVD I created from a div-X avi. Following this guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm relatively closely, I was a bit disappointed when the subtitles didn't appear! Instead, I'd get a blank green box where the text is s'posed to appear. Anyone ever encountered this?!

Also, when I tried to playback the DVD, audio and video played fine on my PC, but then on my PS2, there's no audio and the video plays back slightly faster than normal speed. Not so important to me, as the subtitles are (this is a Japenese film), but if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix either, I'd be really appreciative. Cheers!
    =p

12. elliott

elliott Regular member

Hello there,
    I have not had much luck playing any burned dvd's in PS2. You can get a really cheap and good multiformat player from cyberhome for under $40. I bought one awhile back and dispite some early bad reviews it has worked great and problem free for over 3 months. I am not sure about the subtitles but I know there is a guide on this website for it poke around the guides section and you will find it.

13. ack_84

ack_84 Member

thnx for the reply, elliott, but it doesn't help that much! I forgot to mention in my original post that the playback of audio and video on my PC is fine, it's just that the subtitles don't appear, which I found perculiar because I followed the mentioned guide from my 1st post from point to point, I'm more looking for others that may have experienced this problem and know the fix, but thanks for the suggestion!
    =p

14. alonzoboy

alonzoboy Member

A great way to "Convert AVI, Xvid, Divx to DVD" is to use dvdSanta. I just started using it yesterday and now I don't need much else to get my avi files right of the internet and onto playable dvd's. It joins, converts and burns in one step. Just thought I would pass the info along since it seemed right on topic. the shareware is on this site...totally worth the price to buy it.

15. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

Hi Koola :)

I tried the guide that shows me how to convert a divx/xvid file to mpg. I've been trying to convert an avi file for ages but with no success, i have bowling for columbine in avi format and i've sent it through TMPG plus to convert it to m2v+mp2. I've done that and now have 2 files so i sent them through nero6 to burn onto dvd, the problem is i get no sound. I was told in another posting that TMPG dosen't support divx, is this correct or am i doing something totaly wrong?...i really could use some help.

16. elliott

elliott Regular member

alonzoboy

I tried dvdsanta trial version it did a good job on the video but the audio is off by a few milliseconds thus giving me the japanese dubbed effect. I read somewhere else about winavi and will try it and post those results here later.

17. joe777

joe777 Member

can anyone help.i have problems trying to encode an xvid file.every time i try opening the file to encode it the audio dissapears.it plays ok, only when i try to encode i get the probs.i ran it through gspot, avi fix, div fix,and still no joy.i also ran it through a protection detector and i got a message saying there were dummy files and i dont know how to get rid of these.when i open it in vdub theres still no joy.after weeks of trying my pc waves a big white flag at me and says i surrender please stop trying, its no use.can anyone please help.i tried vdub again and got the same story, once the audio sample reached 28243/215644(9722kb) vdub stops extracting.the log says processing thread has not cycled for ten seconds-possible livelock.any ideas

18. keccah

keccah Guest

can anyone pleeeasee help me??? I'm reallyyy desperate
    i got an avi file from the net, an xvid file...I already check the codecs, and the file is not corrupted.. I checked the sfv...TMPGEnc wont preview it, so it only encodes the audio...None of my video programs can play it except for divx... Also, virtualdub wont read a single frame...

What can be happening??? I nead to encode thisavi file to mpeg2 so I can burn it on dvd...

Can anyone save my life?????? Thanx

19. Phreak9

Phreak9 Member

hey guys...
    i'm trying to convert a *.VID file on my Mac to a *.MPG or any other format that will work in a DVD Player... any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks a bunch..

20. YuJen

YuJen Guest

This is my very first posting on this website.

I have avi file of my favourite film. Its size is:
    726,272,000 bytes.

I have bought the following computer programs to convert it to mpeg format so I could put it to dvd.

I bought programs: TMPGenc plus and Mainconcepts Mpeg encoder.

I have been able to convert it to mpeg format but each time I have done so it says it is still too big file to fit on 4.7GB DVD.

Could someone please tell to me how I can put settings to size that will fit on DVD?

Thank you to all who make reply. :eek:)

YuJen