1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert DivX v3.11 to Xvid

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by GtKpR, Aug 5, 2003.

1. GtKpR

GtKpR Member

Hi
    Could anyone tell me how to convert a DivX v3.11 movie into Xvid or DivX v5 as my standalone dvdplayer wont read DivX v3.11 files but will read Xvid or DivX 4 or 5

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

You could reencode the file by loading it into virtualdubmod or virtualdub and selecting the divx 5 or xvid codec to recompress it.

Also quality will degrade, not much depending on your settings, and the way the video was first encoded. If the original is not too good(crappy), then the resulting file will be worse. If the quality is awesome, then itd be hard to see any artifacts in the new file.

Good Luck.

3. GtKpR

GtKpR Member

thx for your reply , i tried virtualdub and got some pretty good results using the xvid codec set at 1 pass-quality with a setting of 96% to keep the filesize the same , if i set it at 100% the finished output file would be 20 or 30% bigger which is noo good for burning onto a 80min cd

I extracted the audio first into a wav file as i had some sync problems if i didnt

this fixed the problem but i cant seem to extract the audio if the source is ac3

is there a seperate app or another method i could use to get a wav file off ac3 sound ?

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Yeah I dont think VirtualDub works with AC3 audio.

You can download virtualdubmod and load the video in it. Go into the streams menu and click on stream list. You should see your audio file there, so just click Save Wav.

Or you can convert the ac3 to mp3 using the guides from here:

http://dspguru.doom9.net/