1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert DVD/IFO/VOB files to Mpeg1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jalvare, Mar 4, 2004.

1. jalvare

jalvare Member

This may be super simple, but I have no clue. I want to convert a DVD to an Mpeg1 file to decrease it's size and play in PowerPoint. Any ideas?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

3. latedate

latedate Member

Can someone please tell me how to put mpeg file ona DVD so I can play them in my player

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi latedate

You shouldnt put your question on someone elses thread if you want it answered quickly.Start your own thread with your question so someone can see your specific question.
    You need some kind of authoring program,i use TPMGEnc dvd author,there is a trial version available to try out.http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=dvdauthor&name=tmpegencdvdauthor

One free authoring program is called IfoEdit,i have this one but i havent used it yet,so im not sure how good that works.They mention something about conflicts with xp, but ive read where people havent found that to be the case.Im sure there are probably others out there, but these are the two i know of.

good luck to you
    happy trails
    jim

5. latedate

latedate Member