1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert DVD to iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Frankwer, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankwer

Frankwer Member

I'm going to switch from Nokia to Apple and I've preordered iPhone 6 Plus already. My question is how could I transfer my DVD collections (homemade) to iPhone 6 plus so that I can watch them on the go. Do I need any software? which is the best one?

Thanks! :)

EmilyBronte likes this.
  2. cindyci

cindyci Member

Handbrake seems to be a wise choice for converting your homemade DVD collection. Well, if you got some commercial or copy-protected DVDs, Handbrake won't help you anymore. So when choosing DVD ripping software, make sure the DVD ripper can decrypt encrypted DVDs and Brorsoft DVD Ripper is the one I'm using.

BTW, I haven't made up my mind to cancel my Samsung to iPhone 6 plus yet. o_O

3. Russ2

Russ2 Member

You can convert DVD video to iPhone 6 plus code is H264 and audio is AAC up to 1920X1080p if you have some in DivX or Avi Xvid can use freemake freeware for windows http://filehippo.com/download_freemake_video_converter/
    IPhone 6 up to 1336x556 if you now a mac software that the stetting.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

rip dvd's with dvdshrink or if the copy protection is a later type then dvdfab hd decrypter are free to rip always

handbrake or vidcoder to convert to mp4,you can save space by trimming intro & outro of movie with dvdshrink cut end frames option,guides section here at afterdawn for more info

Ketola likes this.
  5. EmilyBronte

EmilyBronte Newbie

Until now, no phablet has and will have a DVD drive, neither does iPhone 6 plus. To rip and transfer your DVD collections to iPhone 6, one has no choice but to rip and convert DVD to iPhone 6 plus accepted video formats H.264 (MP4) or MPEG4 first. So a trustworthy DVD ripper is dispensable. The following article can help you to use iPhone 6 plus to watch any DVD movies pristine high quality on the go.
    http://multimedia-tips.over-blog.com/2014/09/copy-dvd-to-iphone-6-plus.html

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

that's just as crap as the software danneise posted,it ain't free,it's trial limited (5mins can only be converted wtf) & it costs money when free alternatives exist & have been around far longer & are well known,well to most anyway

7. EmilyBronte

EmilyBronte Newbie

Hey, scorpNZ, I thinkthe most importantto seewhether the product iseasy to use, powerfulor not,each producthas itsstrengths and weaknesses,the finalchoicein the user'shands.
    Have a nice day.

8. Bobcool513

Bobcool513 Newbie

I agree with what cindyci said. Handbrake is free however it run slowly and it cannot work with most of my DVDs. What I'm using is EaseFab DVD Ripper. It's easy to use for conversion and make great quality copies of my DVDs. Ah... It costs but worth the effort.

9. emma24xia

emma24xia Newbie

Well, DVD videos are in VOB format which Apple cannot support, the only video formats Apple device support are MP4, M4V and MOV. you'd better convert your homemade DVD to one of these formats before moving videos to iPhone 6 Plus.

10. ronnie

ronnie Newbie

You can find a lot of free options out there like dvdshrink, handbrake, freemake, etc. If your dvd collections are huge, get 128GB iPhone 6 Plus

11. samiapple

samiapple Newbie

I think you can use iTunes. Transfer your DVD movies to iTunes then you can enjoy them on your iPhone 6 plus. But you must note, DVD has copy protection. So you need to change it to MOV, M4V MP4 for your iPhone 6 plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.