1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert FLAC to MP3

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Citsme, May 4, 2011.

1. Citsme

Citsme Member

Hello,

I know I have gone through this process a couple of years ago but I've forgotten how to do it. I chose a guide written by Dave Horvath @ 05 Aug 2007 22:09 with the title of NEW CONVERT FLAC TO MP3 GUIDE. Basically, there are two free programs that are used; Foobar 2000 and Lame.

Following the guide, I was able to make the conversion, however even though I chose 160 as the bit rate for use on a mp3 player when I checked the files (they seemed too big) I saw that they were converted into 320 bit rate. I played one to see if the conversion worked at least and it was fine.

I went through the process completely again and got the same results. That would mean that one regular CD with 3 bonus tracks would not fit on a CD as MP3 files. It would kill my mp3 player.

Can you possibly tell me where I went wrong? The second time around I did not use the use the same settings option (I don't remember the correct wording) I made sure it was 160 again; 160 seems to be the programs default.

I've put off this task for awhile (wonder why???) and I hope you can correct what I am doing wrong.

The guide is excellent; I appreciate easy to use guides to get me through a new procedure and usually come to AfterDawn to check for one first.

Thanks,

Citsme

2. cocoblus

cocoblus Member

to convert flac to mp3 , you can use some professioanl flac to mp3 converter, or some video converter software , which can convert flac to mp3 easily.