1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert fmp4 to another format

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dldc, Jan 21, 2012.

1. dldc

dldc Member

I hope someone can help me. My video camera security system picked up a couple of perps trying to break in to cars. I saved the video but it is in fmp4 format and no one who doesn't use my camera system can play this format on their windows PC. When I click on the fmp4 format, it brings up a screen called simple player and then I can play the file. However most people don't have this software on their PC, which I believe was installed by an Active X control from Samsumg. I was hoping to convert this for the police to a more ubiquitous format like AVI. I found FFMPEG and have used the command line format to convert to AVI but the video is way too fast. I'm looking at the FFMPEG documentation and still not sure what I'm doing since I'm not too knowledgable in video files. Can anyone help me slow this video down? Audio is not an issue as I always have the audio turned all the way down.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member