1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert MOV

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GLL, Sep 2, 2002.

1. GLL

GLL Member

Dear Sirs :

I need you help with th following :

I have some files in .mov format and want to convert then in order to play with a DVD player

Do you know a free software to do that ?

Thanking in advance , awaiting news

Gabriel

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2002
  3. GLL

GLL Member

Dela , Thanks for the response !!
    Another question:

if I want to record in a VCR using th video output of the DVD player , what´s about the video standart format ( Pal or NTSC ) , Can I save in order to have the video in PAL format or NTSC ?

Thanks again

Gabriel

4. Dela

As far as I know, it doesnt matter what your vcr records off because it will record at its own standards eg pal/ntsc

However for the best quality and to make sure that your movie is standard for you dvd player, you should convert your dvd/vcd/svcd to Pal (Europe) or Ntsc (North America, Japan).

Your vcr will automatically record in pal or ntsc, depending on its standards

5. GLL

GLL Member

Dela :

I´m here again with more questions :

Ive installed the TMPgenc , so I understand I need to open the mov files convert to mpeg1 ( PAL low resolution ) , and then with the tools convert to mpeg-1 video CD. Is that correct ?

After that I need an special software to burn the CD in order to use in the DVD player ? or I could burn like a data CD with the mpeg files ?

Thanks again

Gabriel

6. Dela

If you are creating vcd from the wizard at the start of tmpgenc then the output movie will be fully vcd compilant.

Theres no need to encode again.

To burn vcds, I suggest using nero burning rom.

you can get a trial download of nero from http://www.nero.com.

when nero opens first you will either get a wizard or new compilation window (just look at the title bar).

If its the wizard, select other and then click next. Now select Video Cd and click next twice.

if its the compilation window. Scroll the bar on the left and select Video Cd. Then click new.

When you are finally in a video cd compilation, just drag and drop the vcd encoded movies you created onto the compilation. When you are done click file and then write cd.

And that's it. (note that you can also use Easy cd creator to burn vcds but I have never used it so I dunno their layout to it.)

One problem nero has is buffer under-runs. Your cd writer may and may not be protected against them. You should also look for nero cd speed and drive speed at neros web site. Defragmenting your comp regularly help too. These tests will make sure that nero burns smoothly

7. GLL

GLL Member

Dela :

I follow all the steps that you suggested, and now I´m ready to burn the CD with the Nero, but when I play the files appears without audio.

I used the TMpgen to convert the mov files to Video CD ( i used th wizard in order to use the correct set up )

May be an special setup on audio I missed ?

or after burn the Cd will play the audio on the DVD player ?

Thanks again

Gabriel

8. Dela

Actually I don't know what wrong. You're the second person who has complained about no sound with tmpgenc.

maybe its a problem with the new verion cause I use the old one but a few ppl are complaining about it.

9. GLL

GLL Member

Dela :

Which version are you using ?

It´s a free one ? Could you send me this version ? Dou you now another free program that I can use it ?

Thans a lot again !

regards

Gabreil

Tha

10. Dela

Add me to msn and we'll sort something out EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2002
  11. GLL

GLL Member

Dela :

Sorry yesterday , the adsl connection was bad.

About the test of the movies, I converted the MOv with TMPgenc an try to play in a laptop DVD player , but still without audio, any suggestions ?

Regards

Gabriel