1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert movie files in iTunes library to mp4

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Ethan_Orin, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Ethan_Orin

Ethan_Orin Newbie

I need to convert some DRM'd movies I've purchased from iTunes to MP4 format so that I can watch on my Samsung tablet. I do found some iTunes video converter on the Internet. After some research it seems the one called TunesKit is the best around. However, I’ve never used this kind of software before, neither have I tried to remove a DRM before. So before I place the order, I have some doubts regarding legality issue of using software like this. Is it legal there? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

2. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

There are two kinds of DRM removal tools on the marketplace: one is just recording what you watched on screen, so it means ''convert time'' is exactly the same play time. I'm not sure if it's illegal but it seems to be working fine (basically no fails). ChewTune is one of them.
    The other is decryption tool. It could be illegal (at least in USA).
    I've not tried TunesKit so can't tell which one it could be.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you have paid for the movies and own them i don't see why it would be illegal.
    if it was me and i was in court for something like that i'd be accusing apple of extortion (selling me a movie i cant play on a tablet) also i would be accusing them of illegally accessing my data (yes you have paid for the movie they shouldn't have any rights or control over them), i'd probably find other things to accuse them off as well.