1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Multiple .ISO to VOB workflow, queue type

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Cr0n_J0b, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Cr0n_J0b

Cr0n_J0b Member

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, but this seems like the place to ask this question.

I have a huge number of DVD images that I created from my DVD disk library. I'm trying to move away from physical media as much as possible, so i figured I would burn everything to ISO. I understand that there are pluses and minuses to VOB and ISO format, but I chose ISO for expediency. Now that I'm further along, I'm hunting for some programs that can help me convert these into other formats.

1) ISO to VOB, for MyMovies (they recommend VOB, so I might switch 100% to VOB folders)
    2) ISO to DiVX or other Android and iPhone Compatible, small format for players on the road.

I know of, and own a bunch of programs that can do this on a file by file basis...Nero, CloneDVD, DVD Fab etc...but I'm looking for something that will take a directory to ISO files and rip them one by one without user intervention. that is the key.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not clear about what is meant by 'ISO to VOB' but you can highlight a bunch of IFO files and extract them to folders of the same name using the likes of 7-Zip or other compressing programs (Winrar?)

[​IMG]

Any Video Converter can convert a bunch of iso files to avi or mp4.

I prefer one of the versions of Handbrake (the later versions output only mp4 or mkv) - you have to load the queue one at a time.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HandBrake

3. Cr0n_J0b

Cr0n_J0b Member

thanks for the reply.

I'm definitly talking about ISO files not IFO files. and I want to convert them to basic VOB if possible, but the MP4 would be perfect for the portable versions that I'm making...thanks!

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yeah i'm a fan of handbrake too,there's an offshoot called vidcoder basiclly handbrake which takes some of the guess work out

ISO's are not files it is a container nothing more just like a zip or whatever,if you use an unzip program you will get a video_ts folder with the ifo & vobs inside it,so download 7zip & install it,it's free after install do the following

right clik ISO when right clik menu appears scroll to 7zip,wait for it to highlight then scroll to "extract >name of iso<\" left clik on it wait for it to extract contents

dvdshrink is a good dvd editor if nero recode is not on your comp you can cut the front & end frames of the main movie (becareful some dvd's have title 1 & 2 & the 2nd title cam sometimes be part two of the movie,shrinks preview window will show this),cutting the font & end gives more quality to the movie

handbrake & vidcoder allow 3audio streams & 3 subs