1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Pal dvd to Ntsc dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 2FAST4U, Jan 24, 2004.

1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Guest

Is there a way to convert a Pal dvd to an Ntsc one so it could bee seen in Ntsc format?

Example, I have a movie from China and I wan't to convert it to Ntsc so I can see it here in Canada.

Thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

In the UK we have standalone players that will convert NTSC to PAL at the click of a button for PAL playback, so I would assume you have the same in reverse?. I assume of course that you are also using a multi-region player?

3. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Guest

I have 2 DVD players: Panasonic S25 and JVC XV S502

I've looked around other forums and the net and found out that the Panasonic s25 can play regions 1-6 but if i were to watch a Pal dvd, would the movie show up correctly (picture, colour, sound and etc...)

4. Nuke

Nuke Member

You have the disk, try playing it. Don't know your set up but there is usually a video section in your player menu where you may be able to switch between pal and ntsc.

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Take a look at the remote control which should have the convert button from NTSC to PAL. On some models you might have to go into the menu to change it. I'm not saying ALL DVD players have this feature but I'm pretty sure that most do, atleast in Europe.

6. Nuke

Nuke Member

Another possibility: I have a pioneer that has a switch on the back of the unit. The settings are pal, ntsc and auto.

7. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Guest

I have the DVD, but when i put it in the player (Both Players) it says its not meant for this region but i can just make it region free (if i were it back it up)
    but would the movie show up right? (picture, colour, sound and etc...)

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Generally NTSC players do not convert from PAL. Its really only PAL DVD players that will convert NTSC. its funny i know, but generally true

9. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Guest

Very odd...My Jvc player works great with this pal movie, but not the panasonic one...I can't see any colour and it flickers a lot.