1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by fireboy24, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you need the Lengths to be the Same as the Original then use the DGPulldown method as the AVISynth method will change the Length of the Video and audio by 4%....

If you don"t want to use the DGPulldown method then use an encoder Like "Canopus Procoder" which is one of the Only Programs that does Good Pal/NTSC Conversions accept for some Good NLE"s Like Vegas Video 6 which can also convert Pal to NTSC and quite well.....

Good luck

2. texdawg

texdawg Member

With the great information I got from this forum I was able to successfully convert a PAL DVD to a NTSC DVD on my first attempt.

I used:

(1) DVDFab Decrypter
    (2) VobBlanker
    (3) IFOEDIT
    (4) DVD Shrink

The quality of my final NTSC DVD is so good that I can't tell it from the PAL original.

Thanks to all of you folks for your expert knowledge and tips on getting the job done.

I only problem I really had was that DVD Shrink kept telling me that my empty DVD didn't have enough space to burn my end product. I do have Nero 6.xx installed. I used other burn software.

I liked how DVD Shrink allows you to remove all the foreign languages to allow me to used a 4.7GB DVD instead of a much more expensive 8.5GB DVD.

Cheers!

3. Porkape

Porkape Member

Does anyone have a step by step guide for Canopus Procoder or Nero Vison to for converting VOB files with menus etc.? Thank you

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Porkape..ProCoder not ProCoder Wizard..is pretty straight forward..not simple but common sense doable..import your video..pretty much make trial & error from their..all changes should be on the left..pulldowns,Pal,NTSC,Chapters,frames,etc

5. Porkape

Porkape Member

Cool, I got started with that but backed out halfway through after I realized I must be doing something wrong because I was picking each VOB file individually. I am almost done with one conversion with NeroVision now, if that doesn't come out as desired I will go back to Procoder and give it a shot. But is there a way I can select one VOB file in it and picks the rest in the set? Thanks

6. Trom

Trom Regular member

I may not be the best on this as try as I might with Procoder I could never get the audio to sync with the video. Anyway to your question regarding the Vob files, one way is to join all your Vob files with Vobmerge(http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_vobmerge_108.html). It will join all your Vob files into 1 Vob which you can then input to Procoder. Its free and easy to use.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

WOMBLE MPEG VCR..is also an excellent tool for joining files.I use this quite a bit as it will cut out commercials without destroying video quality.I've yet to have a problem with it