1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by daveb923, May 19, 2007.

1. daveb923

daveb923 Member

For reasons I won't go into here, I can't play PAL DVD's or VCD's or KvCD's in my home player, and I have some KvCD's already burned that are in PAL format. How can I convert these to NTSC? I read a thread from a couple years ago about using VOB Blanker for DVD's. Would this work the same way with KvCD's?
    I also read in one of the threads, that I can convert from PAL to NTSC with Nero; I just have to set the output stream to NTSC. Where and how do I set the output stream? I poked around in Nero for almost an hour and found nothing. I have Nero 6.6 (Nero Express OEM that shipped w/ my DVDRW). I spent HOURS downloading a 4.5gb .iso that turned out to be PAL, and it wouldn't play, so I tried to convert it without success. So, any help with converting burned KvCD's from PAL to NTSC would be greatly appreciated. If there's a way to convert the .bin/.cue before burning, that would be even better. THANX!

daveb923

2. attar

attar Senior member

About Nero PAL and NTSC
    Nero Vision 4 (NeroVision Express)
    Make DVD > DVD Video, now click 'More' at the bottom of the window and select 'NTSC'
    You add the VOB files and create a new menu.You cannot keep the PAL menu.

This link discusses kVCD
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272392

I've never seen a kVCD file layout, but a regular VCD has a DAT file which is just mpeg1 and Nero will convert that ok.

3. daveb923

daveb923 Member

Cool.... good info! Thanx man!

4. daveb923

daveb923 Member

Yeah- KvCD's have the .DAT file too. I tried to convert it in Nero but it reported 'unsupported file format' or some such BS. I'm using an OEM Nero Express, not the full version Burning ROM so that may be the problem. If anyone knows of app that will convert PAL to NTSC I'd really appreciate the name or link.... if I could just browse to file(s)/folder(s) to be converted, and click "Convert" that would be great. But somehow, that seems to easy! I have no problems with DVD files (.vob's, etc) 'cuz Nero OEM (and many other utils) will convert them. It's only KvCD's I have trouble with. Not a huge problem, I'll live either way, but it would be nice to convert those .DAT's to NTSC! THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daveb923

5. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Similarly with NTSC to PAL where possible (does this work only for kVCD's or data disks as well).