1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert RM to mp3 help!!! PLZ!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by XelNaga, Oct 24, 2003.

1. XelNaga

XelNaga Member

Can anyone show me a freeware program to convert Real Media music files to MP3?

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

At http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/ there's a real audio and a lame mp3 plugin for Nero (and related software). Install those and use Nero Wave Editor or Nero Mix for converting. AFAIK you need to have some realplayer installed for it to work.

If you don't want to install real player/real one/... there are two possibilities:

1. Real alternative: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1054136293
    I've never tried this, so I can't tell if Mediaplayer Classic (MPC) can decode + write to file or directly transcode to mp3 using e.g. lame. If you want to try this possibility please report if you were successful here.

2. Some Winamp input plugin bundle. It was announced/offered at Hydrogenaudio which is offline ATM, but probably it can be found using google. The file to download is called real.zip, inside there are 2 exe files: "Real Audio Plugin for Winamp.exe" and "Real Codecs V1.1.exe". The 1st exe installs "innover's RealAudio plugin" for Winamp, the second one "Real Codecs 1.1", some .dll's ripped from RealOne Player 2.0.

If this is installed you can use Winamp or any player that can use Winamp input Plugins (my favourite: XMPlay) to transcode to mp3. For winamp you need a lame output plugin, XMPlay can use lame.exe directly.

3. tigre

Last edited: Oct 24, 2003
  4. XelNaga

XelNaga Member

Thanks for all the help guys!! it was very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

5. tigre

If you're finished, please give a short report of the method that works for you. Your experience will be helpful for many others ...

6. XelNaga

XelNaga Member

My method: I didn't convert, I just downloaded the codec and used it with my winamp to play real media files instead

7. tigre

Fine. Thanks. I'm glad it worked. CU

8. diptam

diptam Member

Guys , i got a freeware called <deleted by moderation> which can convert RAM to MP3 but i dont have the registration code for it ....

to get that you have to pay $25 , which i cant afford anow..

does anyone have the registration code of <deleted by moderation> ....

any help / suggestion will be appreciated ...

thx

Edit: <>
    If you have to pay for the registration code, it's not free ware. Requesting it is a violation of forum rules. One more time and you'll be banned. - tigre

Last edited: Dec 30, 2003