1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert video to dvd format without K-Lite Mega Codecs??

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by tfamok, Sep 19, 2014.

1. tfamok

tfamok Member

Hi everyone,

Im a student who uses Adobe After Effects at uni and have just started using it at home. I noticed when at home After Effects wouldn’t open certain video file types. I went to the relevant help forums and they told me the files would not open because the default codes After Effects uses conflicts with the K-Lite Mega Codecs pack I have installed on my home pc to convert mp4/xvid/avi files to dvd format. I uninstalled K-Lite, Adobe then cleaned computer and re-installed Adobe Suite. Files import fine into adobe products now.

My problem is I love watching dvds at home but hate watching them on computer. I used ConvertXtoDVD to convert video to dvd. Im gutted I cannot convert anymore. Obv I don’t want to have to go through the whole process of uninstalling Adobe and re-installing K-Lite everytime I want to convert video. You will clearly see this carry on is not my bad and I am not at all savvy with this kind of thing.My question to you genius’s, Is there a way to convert video to dvd format to be burned to disc that doesn’t involve installing codecs that will interact with the Adobe suite???

Thank you very much for reading my post. I appreciate it your time.

Teddy

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. tfamok

tfamok Member

Thank you very much attar. That is a big help. Portable editions i had not even thought of at all. Genius. Cheers ;-)

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

download either the full apps application which i assume is some sort of package manager or just each individual app you want,place the download where you want it or just double click on it & extraction will take place in same folder/location

portable apps.com
    http://portableapps.com/

there's also freebies at
    sourceforge.com

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i use to burn to dvd using dvdflick i've been told the newer versions arn't very good but i use to use an older version to do it.the encoding takes a while but it works.it also installs imgburn which is used to burn it to disc,without image burn it will just leave a disc image file on the pc.