1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert VOB to AVI(ANY AVI; I want uncompressed NOT DivX)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by matrix02, Sep 4, 2002.

1. matrix02

matrix02 Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem here: How would I do anything like taking JUST a particular scene/trailer/anything from a DVD and make it an AVI or Quicktime.

I've already used virtualdub(no VOB import),Smartripper(copies VOB),Clad DVD XP(crashes), cladbrc(does nothing), VFAPI reader(no VOB import, wants DV2

Now I know a lot of people are in love with DiVix, BUT it's just another compressor in the class of MPEG type compressors. These compressors do a really good job of making video files REALLY small and still look good AND play full screen smoothly. However I DON'T want small. I want the biggest most uncompressed file on my hard drive I can get(fromDVD). Yes I know DVD is already compressed, but compressing again is not a good idea. I need AVI with no compression or with Ligos compresssion. I need a REAL AVI...all AVIs end with ".avi" not ".mpg".

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Uncompressed AVI.. YUV24 or something similiar. Too lazy to calculate, but I would say it will take around 40 to 70GB per movie to store it as uncompressed AVI.