1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert x to dvd, Is there a way that i can keep original picture size?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nuttin_88, Jan 20, 2007.

1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

I Use Convert x to dvd to make my dvds and i love the program but someimes I have video files that already come with subtitles embedded into it and when i convert them the program kind of zooms in on the picture and the subs get cut off making them unreadable. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a better program out there that keeps the original picture size and allows me to put a lot of videos in 1 dvd like cxtodvd. Please help This is my only complaint about this program. The only time i can read the subs perfect is when the image is already in widescreen format and i get the black bars on top i don't mind that at all though. When it's fullscreen it always cuts off the subs. I have version 2.1.10.209. I need somebody to tell me the name of a program of which they know that the original pic size will not get zoomed in. Thanks in advance.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you are talking about playback on a TV, then that would be overscan. ConvertX shouldn't be zooming in or cropping at all. Probably you have fan subbed anime and fan subbers don't care about overscan so they place their subtitles below the safe zone, so that when converted to DVD (or played back on an MPEG-4/avi capable SAP) the subs get cut off by older TV's.

If the above is true, then it isn't a matter of keeping the original size, since this is already done (excluding resizing to a DVD compliant resolution). It is a matter of padding the video with black borders, which I don't think ConvertX can do.

3. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

yes i think it is overscan and it was anime. Are you saying If I played it on a bigger tv the subs will appear? I'm viewing it on a 20" screen. Thank you very much for your reply.