1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting 2 avi's 2 dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skafes, Apr 3, 2005.

1. skafes

skafes Member

I have no problem converting 1 avi file to dvd. The problem occurs when I put 2 files on disc (or more) and try to burn the software hangs and I get errors (I use Nero for this). Anyone know how to correct this so I can put mroe then 1 file on dvd. I'm only using 800 mg files

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

How are you converting them currently?

Because I'll assume you want a menu to choose which AVI you want to watch...so are you creating a menu with one AVI?

Are these files you want to keep or just watch once? I ask because it depends on what quality you want. If you are happy with low quality, then use NVE (Nero Vision Express). It'll convert, create menu & burn.

If you want better quality...
    You should convert each AVI to MPEG2/VOB files, and then use TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVD Lab (or whateva) to create a menu around the files.

So, how do you do convert them currently?

Adder.

3. skafes

skafes Member

I am using nero express for the avi/dvd conversion. I am going thru the wizards and i have both files on the menu. Everything seems fine and when the burning process starts the program just hangs with the hour glass. BTW I use Decryptor and Shrink for full single copies no problem thanks to this forum. As far as the avi's It works with 1 file (not the best quality)the problem is with putting more then one file

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Try writing to the hard drive instead of burning in NVE.

Save the contents to a folder and then once its done, shutdown NVE and use Nero to burn a Video disc from the VOB files. See if this works.

Adder.

5. gmmex

gmmex Member

I agree, I always send the .avi files to HD first then create my DVD by importing those .avi files, have not run into any troubles so far.
    Using this method I have made a DVD with 60 titles on it no probs.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

7. gmmex

gmmex Member

Not sure exactly what you mean by that but suspect you are being sarcastic. I have 60 .avi files on a single DVD and it runs fine.
    OK, they are not huge files, just short clips as a showcase, single menu - click and play - but it works.
    Shame you feel the need to be sarcastic, but it does show me that this list is not for me.

8. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Easy there, no need to get butt hurt. I will help you on the other thread if you want to accept my help.