1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting a Dat file to DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Xmonkey29, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

i got a file of my bands first gig from a dv camera later transfered via firwire to a dvd i put the dvd in my player it didnt work then i tryed in cpu there is a fairly large file there like a notepad file that can actually be open with windows media or real player anyone heard of this and if they know how to convet to a video file format?

2. branle

branle Guest

what format is the file? search xilisoft video converter at the site to evaluate, or simple use "video converter" to find.

3. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Great. You just saved my life. I have a DAT file that ive been trying to convert for a week now.

It opened and worked fine in DivX and windows media but it just wouldnt register with DivxtoDVD. It registered with another video convert program but it converted the quality to just about stream quality.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If the File is a "DAT" file then it wasn"t from a DVD but from a VCD.... (VOB files are on DVD"s)

You can simply rename this Dat file to ".mpg" and then load it into a DVD Authoring program Like "DVDLab Pro" which will resample the VCD audio to 48000hz and then let you add your Chapters and Menu"s and author it to DVD.....

5. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

and this can be done how? and with what program?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you Right click the File and go to "Rename" and then change the extention from ".DAT" to ".mpg".....

7. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

forget that i used tmpeg and it converted it think of it as a mpeg trapped in a clear cage in otherwords the dat u can see but u cant touch or edit tmpeg gets thru this and converts it easly

8. chsnake

chsnake Guest

hello i tried to rename my dat file to mpeg got error can't move or change read only file. i used nero to make file which was a kvcd file can someone help. thanx

9. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

use tmpeg retard thats what im saying rename wont do shit.

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

Renameing it allways works for me...You can also just run the Dat file through Tmpgenc"s Simple Multiplex which will output a mpg file without the rff header....