1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a downloaded AVI file to a DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by crfenoli, Mar 21, 2003.

1. crfenoli

crfenoli Member

My problem is that I have a software called slowburn which will copy DVD's to DVD-R's, But I don't know how to get the AVI file's video and audio in the proper format so I can make the DVD. The Slowburn softare doesn't recognize the AVI file. I need some serious help. I need precise details step by step because I am new at this . Chris

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to have a MPEG-2 encoder, such as TMPGEnc and DVD authoring software such as DVDIt or MyDVD.

3. crfenoli

crfenoli Member

I have the program TMPGenc to convert the file to an MPEG2, but I really don't know how to use it that well. I am using it to create an MPEG2 of Star Wars II, but I don't know if I am doing it correctly becuase it said the estimated time was 20 hours. The other software I need to get. But give me some tips on how to appropriately use TMPGenc. Chris

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Look at our guides, check the DivX to VCD guide and adjust that to suit for DVD-Video encoding needs (change the template to DVD, etc).