1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a ripped dvd copy to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by robert007, Jul 25, 2003.

1. robert007

robert007 Guest

I first purchased dvd copy plus which allow syou to rip a dvd and burn it on cdr for only computer viewing. I now bought the DVD x Copy Gold and this will now do the DVD copy on the fly to DVD-R. I also have DVD Complete which was bundled with Dazzle.

MY QUESTION: HOW CAN I BURN THE RIPPED COPIES DONE BY DVD COPY PLUS AND CONVERT OR ENCODE THEM SO THAT I CAN PUT THEM ON DVD TO WATCH ON A DVD PLAYER INSTEAD OF VIEWING THEM ON WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER OR WINAMP?

PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS BOGGLING MY MIND. MY THOUGHT PROCESS IS TO CONVERT THE RIPPED COPY TO MPEG2 AND ENCODE IT ON DVD COMPLETE SOFTWARE OR SOMETHING AND ALLOW IT TO BUILD THE DVD AND BURN IT ON DVD.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS I HAVE THREE MOVIES THAT ARE RIPPED TAKING AROUDN 8 GB OF MEMORY THAT I WANT TO UTILIZE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE , ROBERT

2. missile2

missile2 Guest

suggest you get a copy of DVD SHRINK. It will do everything, then use nero to burn to dvd. I have never had a problem. It also helps you delete parts of a film you dont want. If you cant fing it let me know.
    missile2.

3. robert007

robert007 Guest

thank you very much ..will try and let you know

4. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

I was having problems burning as well. I finaly found the solution UNLEAD DVD WORKSHOP. It converts anything and burns on your DVD, it is awsome. Beter than the help files around telling you to use 3 or 4 programs to convert, rip and burn. Try it .

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

There are three processes. Rip, Compress and burn. Whats the fourth program ou need? ;-)

THe best advice is to get DVD Shrink whichs rips and compresses the movies. I would then suggest that you burn using Record Now Deluxe, you can get it here: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm

If you need help with DVD Shrink, use this:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm