1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AC3 DVD to Stereo Problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tony_core, Aug 28, 2007.

1. tony_core

tony_core Member

Hi there,

I have a DVD quality video that only has a 5.1 soundtrack on it, as an image on my hard drive which is fine as I have an AC3 filter codec installed.

What I want to do is play this through my TV, but I don't have 5.1 surround setup. So what I want to do is keep the DVD quality video (this is a 4.5gb / 2 hour video) but downmix the the audio track to a simple stereo track so I can play through a regular TV but keep the video quality.

Can anyone recommened software to do this? I have tried Nero but when I go to 'Create your own DVD' and try to load the files in by way of mounting the image, Nero tells me it isn't a DVD - but it is, I have the true vob stucture etc.

Any ideas??

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

Run Nero Burning ROM
    Select 'Recorder' from the Menu and 'Burn Image'.

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

If the audio is a true 5.1 stream, created by the original authors, then there will be a downmix built right into it anyway for just the reasons you describe.
    Try burning the image to an RW disc & see what happens.

Also, I would avoid using Nero for DVD writing - except from images. When burning from folders it is prone to errors & getting the gap wrong between the BUP & IFO files.
    Try using the excellent IMGburn instead - use "Build" mode, point it at the Video_TS folder, and set the output location for the resulting ISO file.