1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Amazon Unbox Videos

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by sussron, Jan 20, 2007.

1. sussron

sussron Member

I see that Apple iPod is virtually the only handlheld device that won't allow you to buy and play movies from the new Amazon unbox videos. You have to have the player for a computer with windows xp and it specifically states it won't operate on a Mac. I have cucusoft for conversion of DVD's and it works great! Has anyone tried to download a movie from Amazon and convert it using cucusoft to have it convert for an iPod successfully? I don't want to go through hassle of downloading the required player, buying a movie and only finding out it won't work on the IPod. The CUCUSoft works very well on converting physical dvds although it records at full real time speed and doesn't give the option to increase speed like I've read in some threads. Or maybe my computer being a few years old is just slow as it is. IF you have experience with Amazon unbox videos and IPod I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.

2. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

Are amazon unbox videos drm-protected? Which format are they?
    Both Cucusoft ipod movie converter, xilisoft iPod video converter can convert unprotected video files to iPod. Just download it to have a try.

3. sussron

sussron Member

The amazon website said you have to have the player loaded on computer and on the mp3 player in order to play their videos. It doesn't tell you what format the actual video is. I may have to buy a cheap movie to try it out. They highlight that the Zune and the other players are compatible but specifically not the ipod.