1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Avi to dvd using Nero....

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Chiinkson, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Chiinkson

Chiinkson Newbie

I've been using nero vision to burn avi, mp4, mpg, pretty much every video file i've needed to burn for years and for some reason it's stopped working. I get 'unable to create disc structure: transcoding of video failed. Burn process failed'. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and im running nero 7 ultra edition enhanced. Anybody got any ideas? Ive searched the internet and forums etc and still no solution. I'll attach the log file just incase it can help.

Thanks in advance....

Attached Files:

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you separate the authoring of the DVD from the burning?
    At one time I think you could have Nero output the DVD files to a folder or iso file
    If that can be done and the output files play ok using a media player on the pc, then you can try burning the folder/iso to disk using ImgBurn.
    That way you can pin down where the wheels are falling off.

3. Chiinkson

Chiinkson Newbie

Yes I've tried that. Still get the same error (obviously without the addition of burn process failed as I'm not burning anything). I've never had a problem with Nero before and then I updated my operating system and Nero and now this is happening....

4. attar

attar Senior member

I know that in the past, 'Creaky' was the goto for Nero, but I don't think he's active now.
    Generally, the advice was to get the Nero Clean tool from the Nero site to uninstall the app, then re-install using your key.
    You might try the VideoHelp site.
    http://forum.videohelp.com/

I haven't used Nero for years - now use AVStoDVD which is freeware, updated continually and the author responds to help requests.

5. Chiinkson

Chiinkson Newbie

Can you use it the same as Nero? Basically just add a file, hit burn then come back and your disc is done? Or do you have to convert first etc?

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. Chiinkson

Chiinkson Newbie

I'll try that then mate. Cheers for the help.

8. Chiinkson

Chiinkson Newbie

I don't see any way to convert and burn in the same action?? I can convert and then burn with imgburn but that involves two programs which isnt ideally what i want.

9. attar

attar Senior member

Menu > Output ....from drop down choices, you can opt for 'Burn DVD' (assuming ImgBurn has been installed) instead of a folder.