1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting avi to ifo, bup, vob......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tanyaxox, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Tanyaxox

Tanyaxox Member

I have been trying take my .avi movies off of my computer and put them on a dvd+r disk but have had no luck on how to convert .avi to .bup, .ifo, or .vob. I went to the website www.dvdrhelp.com/author.htm but dont know witch one to download to do this. I am using nero 6 to make my dvds.

Please someone help...
    if you can email me at rosebudxox@hotmail.com

2. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

You could try the trial versions of TMPGEnc Plus to encode the avi to mpeg2, and TMPGEnc Author to make the DVD structure/folders.

3. Tanyaxox

Tanyaxox Member

That will turn them into a .mpeg wont it? It says I need a .vob .ifo or .bup for it to work. Do you know of ANY software that can turn avi into .vob .ifo or .bup

*PLEASE HELP*_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Tanya :)[/small]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  4. itchyfish

itchyfish Member

You can use tmpgenc to endcode the avi to a m2v (mpeg video file) it will create 2 files, a m2v for video and a mp3 for audio file, then from there using tmpgenc dvd author and they convert the m2v files into iso, vob, ect files, the files you need to burn it to dvd-r. I've done this before but quality is not that great even if you're divx (AVI) is DVD quality. any questions contact me. AIM: itchyfishnv

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

MainConcept MPEG Encoder will turn your .avi's into mpeg 1 & 2 formats (vcd, svcd, dvd), then run it through Tmpegenc DVD Author to turn it into vob, bup, etc. If it comes out bigger than the standard size (4.37G), run it through DVD2one.

6. Tanyaxox

Tanyaxox Member

I have downloaded the softwares needed and have ran a movie throught the TMPGEnc and changed it into a mpeg like I was told to but now when I try to laod it itno the TMPGEnc dvd author it tells me "can not load sfmpgdec.dll"
    I dont think it created 2 files. When I go to open the movie I converted I only see one file named with the tittle I was converting. please tell me what i did wrong? or any suggestions I need to get some movies off my computer right away It is getting very slow since I have so many.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  7. itchyfish

itchyfish Member

Ok, the message is because the AVI your trying to convert isnt DVD quality or size, it has to be atleast 720x480 or 720x520 (NTSC). After you have done that use these tutorials, This is where I learned how to convert AVI to DVD. http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/tmpegenc.htm
    And then after you do that go here... http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/tmpegencdvd.htm if you have any other problems try www.dvdrhelp.com and then click on convert on the left of the screen it tells you how to convert just about anything to anything. Goodluck

8. Tanyaxox

Tanyaxox Member

THANK YOU! :)
    I will defently try anything at this point...lol

9. itchyfish

itchyfish Member

Yeah, its pretty simple, if you have specific questions feel free to IM me.... have a good one..

10. Tanyaxox

Tanyaxox Member

I think I am doing something wrong here. I tried what you told me but it still says the same thing and I used a movie that was the right resolution. I have been trying to find the help book for the TMPGEnc plus software but have had no luck and I have never used this program before. It makes them into .mcf file and very small about 5kb or so. I dont know what i am doing wrong? Or if im just not completeing it.
    If anyone can reply or email me with what they think at rosebudxox@hotmail.com. PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  11. ROSENDO

ROSENDO Member

HI , IM NEW TO THIS I HAVE converted my avi to mpeg already but some how the sound did not get though . any reason why? any help would be thanked
    oh and i almost forgot , and it plays in fastforward mode and no sound.picture is fine.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004