1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting avi to mpeg

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by braysh, Jan 7, 2007.

1. braysh

braysh Member

I have been using TMPGENC Plus 2.5.The converting starts but after a while 10 mins or so, my Computer just switches off.
    I have also tried NERO ROM and Cucusoft Video converter and yrs it does the same switches off.
    Can any one tell me why and how to stop this please.I will be forever gratefull.
    Hoping for an answer
    Paul.A.Brayshaw(braysh)

2. Putemup

Putemup Member

Either there is a setting on your PC that commands it to shutdown after 10 mins of activity or your computer is experiencing some type of hardware failure.

You tried 3 different programs and no luck...your PC is the problem. Have you had any problems with it recently? Overheating, crashing etc?

3. braysh

braysh Member

yes I have,could you give me any ideas on how to put it right
    braysh

4. joekwan

joekwan Member

Are you using a laptop?
    'Cos I have the same problem on mine.
    The only solution so far for me is to keep it cool, it shuts down because it's overheat.

5. Putemup

Putemup Member

What was the problem with the computer specifically? Did it overheat, freeze, blue-screen etc?

If it's overheating then you might want to find some small fans or an area where it can stay really cool....although unless that computer is very old it should be able to withstand a video conversion process.

If it's freezing or crashing...that has to be the result of some hardware failure within the computer itself.

Have you checked your power settings on the computer? I know some, especially Windows based PCs, allow the whole PC to shut down after a chosen amount of time.

....but to restate the biggest point>>>what's the exact problem you're having? Overheating, freezing, blue-screen?

6. braysh

braysh Member

The problem is it just switches off,Iam told by my wife and children it does the same when using Simms and they try a perticular task,theres no crash,blue screen.
    I will try the fan though and thanks for the suggestion
    Braysh