1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting avi/wmv VIDEO files to MPEG2

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by glenpinn, Sep 11, 2004.

1. thad44e

thad44e Guest

I'm glad you didn't continue this discussion via email! I was doing a search on Nero's Mpeg-2 encoder and ran across this thread. Great information...all of you! I think I've found a new place to hang out. ;)

Thad

2. cuppatea

cuppatea Member

I am also glad you did not go to email as thad44e stated . I was about to upgrade my OEM Nero 6 to the complete Nero 6 Ultra.
    I have used TMPGEnc 2.5 but my trial ran out and my wife does not want to put the credit card # on the internet. I checked out the posting by LinCathy about Winavi and noticed it had a telephone # to order from. I sent an email with a couple of questions and received a message they were on Holiday until 10/8. So I would like to post my question to this string. I want to take my Flip Albums of pictures of my trips home to England, convert them to AVI in Flip Album. Then I would like to convert AVI to MPEG 2 in WinAvi, then use Nero 6 to burn to DVD. (I already have them on CD.) Am I on the correct path by using WinAvi ? The telphone thing makes it kind of rough as most of the companies seem to be out of the country and don't give a number. I converted my slides to pictures using Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 111 and then put them in Flip Album. (For a 70 yr old codger it looks like I have been long winded.)