1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AVI

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by slowloris, Sep 25, 2004.

1. slowloris

slowloris Member

I have a fairly large AVI file which I want to make as small as possible, can anyone please suggest what the best format is to have this file in to be as small as can be, and also how to convert the file.

Thank you very much
    SL

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you havent given us much info as to what you wish to do apart from shrink it and convert it.But to what and why?

i'll take a stab in the dark then, you will need an avi2mpeg converter to get it to a format that will allow you to burn the file to dvd (mpeg2)

andmerr

3. slowloris

slowloris Member

Sorry, it turns out it is not an AVI file, it's a MOV file (a false assumption on my part). I want to shrink the size (approx 30MG at present) to allow it to be sent to others.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Do a google search with Mov to MPG --- there are tons of converter available on the web -- !

If it's to send to a friend , you can always both download ICQ and send it to him -- I send over ICQ to Australia every day files as large as 100MB ; it all depends how fast a connection you have of course.