1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Bin/CUE files to DVD-R ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Benny8492, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Benny8492

Benny8492 Member

Hello,

Does anybody out there know if you can convert BIN/CUE files to DVD format. I have read some other threads here about converting to CDR using Nero and that worked, but what i really want is to convert these CUE files to a DVD-R. Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

BIN/CUE files are image files so if you want to put them on a DVD-R just say burn image in whatever burning software you use. If you don't want to physicaly burn them, you can mount them using Alcohol 120% or Daemon tools, and then copy the files off the DVD if that's what you're trying to do.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

In order for bin/cue files to play in a player they have to be rendered. Nero's NeroVision can do it and so can dvd Santa in a one-step sort of way.

To find out all you want to know about bin/cue files, follow the bouncing ball ~ ~>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7976

Cheers,

Pete

4. Benny8492

Benny8492 Member

Thanks for the previous info guys.

I have downloaded alcohol 120% and that burns the CUE file but will only let me burn it to CDR not DVDR do you know if i need to change any of the settings when burning the image. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Ps i am in the process of using Santa DVD to convert the Bin files to a DVD format but this is quite a long process so i haven't seen if it works yet. Cheers

Ben

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ben,

It's what you have to do - render your BIN/CUE files so that they'll work on standalone players as I've said -

It will take a couple of hours, maybe more - BUT it's what you need.

Relax, have a coke -

Pete

6. Benny8492

Benny8492 Member

Pete,

Yeah it all works fine. Thanks for the advise.

Sorry now having problems with Santa DVD, it converts most of the film but drops about five minutes of the ending. It's also doing this with an AVI file. When i play the DVD, the scenes are slower then when watching the files through media player. So the DVD time length is the same as the file time but because it's slowered down slightly the whole film ends up missing the final 5 minutes. Any ideas? Thanks