1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting cassette tapes into mp3's , cd's, etc

Discussion in 'Audio' started by knfusd, Jul 5, 2007.

1. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

I know that this topic has been covered numerous times in this forum but for the life of me, I Fn just don't understand it at all. I've hooked up my tape player to my computer, no sweat I get good sound no problem from that point on, nothing. sometimes I get wav files but I have trouble moving them, and I understand that yuo can edit them but I can never hear them at all. I'm on vacation and figured I could learn to do it in a week's time. Please some one help me not to be a liar at least to myself I have nero and audacity, they both read like chinese to me (no offense to any of my asian friends) I'm just at my wits' end!! help anyone

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

Thanks for the guide, it helped big time. I just have one question that the guide didn't address. after the tape is converted the wav files play just fine from the computer but, after putting them on to a cd-rw the sound was almost non-existent. is there any way to increase the sound after the file is put on cd? or is this a result of the files on cd-rw instead of cd?

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't do enough audio conversion to offer any help.
    Maybe better starting a new thread aimed at that topic.