1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DivX Files to .avi files

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by baldiepie, Mar 5, 2007.

1. baldiepie

baldiepie Member

I have a DivX file. It is 3.48GB and contains 25 episodes. When I play it with Windows Media Player it starts with the menu and gives me the choice of episodest to watch. When I use any other program to watch it (including the DivX player), this choice doesn't present itself and I can only watch the first episode. This problem also presents itself when I try to watch it on a stand-alone DivX capable dvd player connected to my TV. Is there any way I can convert this DivX file to .avi?. Under Windows explorer I cannot explore this file to see its contents. Any help would be appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. GoCharmix

GoCharmix Member

open the divx file in windows media player go to save as and change the extendtion from .divx to .avi

note divx files are already avi files but just use the divx codec

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Technically the divx media format is a hack/extension of the avi format, although just because a file uses the .divx extension doesn't mean that it uses any of the advanced features (menus, tags, chapters, etc.). Still probably better to remux. What would happen with the 25 episodes though, I don't know. Not sure if there are any tools yet for demuxing divx files.