1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting downloaded pc games

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dennyray, Mar 28, 2005.

1. dennyray

dennyray Guest

i just downloaded the punisher (pc) and extracted the files through isobusters, installed it but now its asking me to insert cd1. can you tell me if i did anything wrong or what i am missing

2. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

If its an .ISO then burn it to a disc using Alcohol 120%

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I also Have this Game and it works Fine for me...

This is what I did (I think it was a 3 or 4 CD Version):

Install Alcohol 120% which will add a Virtual-Drive to your PC..(Go you "My Computer" and you will see another CD/DVD Drive installed on your PC)

Right click the Virtual-Drive and go to "Mount Image" and then Navigate to the First ISO file and select it...

Now the Game Should start to install automaticly if not Double Click the Drive....

After CD-1 has been installed it will say something like "Insert CD-2 and click OK" so you Go to the Virtual-Drive and Right click and go to "Mount Image" and then Navigate to the second ISO file and select it and wait about 20 seconds and then Click "OK" and then it should Continue installing...If there is a CD-3 then do the same as with the other ISO files and the same if there is a CD-4 ect...

After it has been Installed you then Must Install the "NO-CD Patch" or you will get a "Please Insert CD-1" message when you try to start the Game...

The "NO-CD Patch" should be in a folder in one of the ISO Files..It will be called something like "Punnisher.exe" or something like that..what you have to do is Copy and Paste the No-CD Patch into the Punnisher Install Directory and overwrite the existing Exe file of the same name....

After installing the No-CD Patch you are ready to play...
    Make sure you have a Fast enough Direct X 8.1 Video card to play this Game ,I recomend a 128mb Video card and also make sure you have the Latest Video card drivers for your card Installed....

Cheers

4. dennyray

dennyray Guest

thanks a lot man i realize now it was kind of a trivial question but like i said i'm just learning.