1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DVD game to CDR 700mb for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Edmundo22, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

Hello,

Ok, I have ripped my dvd game to produce a 820mb iso. Is it possible using Atlantis Backup Toolkit to convert this iso to under 700mb? ie. with use of dummy file's..etc

I have looked in Atlantis and opened up the extraced 820mb iso - which, when extracted came to 2.4 gig. There were 2 PSS (movie files) 67mb each. Question: if i dummied these 2 movie files (134mb) and recreated the iso..would that bring the iso under 700mb and would it boot?

Can I extract the .AFS files and put dummy files in there?

What files are best to mess with when ur trying downsize a dvd iso?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2003
  2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I'm not an expert on this but you don't just make the image under 700mb you have to make the extracted files(which you said are 2.4G) to under 700mb. I'm betting since the iso was 820mb there's dummy files taking up space. There's a few things you can do to make it smaller like downsize the video or rip them and music out but, if you do this you most likely need to re-link those files to something else and I'm not sure how that's done.

3. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

Yeah thought it was a case of downsizing the 2.4G to 700mb :p

Is there a better forum anyone knows of that deals with stuff like this?

4. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

Can anyone provide some useful information in how to link dummy files correctly so the game will run smooth?

gee it's hard to find helpful info on this topic.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member