1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting DVD to DIVX and the other way around on mac

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by buckdad, Oct 15, 2004.

1. buckdad

buckdad Member

hello people!

i want to convert a DVD to a DIVX file for great cinema experience on my expensive powerbook. i looked around here and anywhere like a dumbhead, but i didnt find any convertor that is doing just that, and that fast and without many complicated ways. is there anything you people can recommend ?

also i got a recorded divx from tv and want to burn that one on dvd, how i can convert that easily to .vob ? (and then : how to burn the .vob ? )

much thanks in advance and sorry for poor english..

greetings

2. buckdad

buckdad Member

i know, that was (may) asked here many times, but cannot maybe someone just shout in some links or informations ?

thanks in advance ...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  3. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

Well buckdad I know that Handbrake will convert a dvd to mpeg format. If that helps you any. And about taking an mpeg file or such and converting it to vob files I used a DVD authoring tool called Sizzle. I am still in the early stages of seeing if Sizzle will work 100% with the right type of dvd-r's. As far as burning those vob files to a dvd-r I just use Toast Titanium. First you should create a parent folder with the name or appropriate title and the take the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders that Sizzle creates for you and move them into the parent folder. Move that folder over to the DVD-UDF portion in Toast and start burning. If you have any other quesions holla back.

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

is there anything like handbrake that will do the same thing.. will the divx bundle work for me? i was just hoping there was a free option other than handbrake

5. m0thr4

m0thr4 Member

6. macburner

macburner Guest