1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DVD Vob to DVD Mpeg2!!! Help! Urgent!!! ^_^

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mr_dimsum, Jan 18, 2004.

1. mr_dimsum

mr_dimsum Member

hey guys, i got a project due on tuesday. basically i have to make two movie trailers from a commercially produced dvd. all of the people in the class opted to go for mpeg1, but i decided i want to retain it's quality and make it in mpeg2 - to keep it dvd quality.

i have intentions on burning it on a dvd-r with motion menu and everything, with a making of behind the scenes thing, just to blow the prof. away... but the thing is, i've done converting a lot of dvd to svcd's and vcd's in my life, but i just remembered, i have NO CLUE! how to convert a dvd vob or dvd to dvd mpeg2.

can u guys help me. i'm intending on using adobe premiere 7 pro to edit it. thanks.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You could have used ImTOO DVD Ripper which I posted in another thread. Converts VOBs to MPEG with no problem, just that you get artifacts.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

A DVD Vob File is exactly the same thing as a DVD Mpeg2 file so there is No converting you have to do ,You just have to Rip the DVD to your Hard drive and then Take the Vob file and Load it into a Mpeg/Vob Editor like this One :
    http://www.digital-miner.com/software/chopperxp.zip
    and Cut out the Part you want and then Author it to DVD with your Own Menu"s and Chapters useing a DVD authoring program..Just remember when you rip the DVD Only rip it with One Audio Track because Most DVD authoring Programs do not support multiple Audio Tracks..If you want to Edit in Premier you will end up Looseing a Lot of Quality because to edit Mpeg2 files in Premier you have to re-encode the file to render it which will greatly reduce the Quality ,Plus Premier will Not accept Mpeg2 files that Have AC3 Dolby digital Audio so you would have to demux the AC3 audio and decode it to Wav format and Load the audio and Video into Premier Seperately in which case you will Loose the Dolby Digital Audio which is the best Format if you are makeing a DVD......Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004