1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Dvd's to a smaller format

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by EGIFT73, Dec 31, 2004.

1. EGIFT73

EGIFT73 Guest

I was wondering if anyone could guide me to the best program for converting DVD-5 files to a smaller size. I have 2 hard drives that equal 300 gigs, but after I backed up a few of my movies, and most of my 7-year-old's collection I don't have much HD space left. I know that you can convert these larger files to a much smaller size, however, I don't know which programs are the easiest to use and also which ones have less problems during operation. The second ques. I have is when I recorded Res.Evil2, again today it showed that I had the whole movie, but after I burned it and played it back parts of the movie in the beg. and in the end, were missing. If I re-author these files using DVD shrink will it possibly capture the main movie with all of the files needed? If anyone could help me with these 2 issues, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Why don't you detete the backedup movies ?

silly of me to ask - To change formats try DVD to AVI, that should do it :)

Running garbage through DVD Shrink isn't magically going to produce files that aren't there. Rip the original again as it seems the first rip wasn't too successful - run the new one through re-author and extract just the Title 1 from the main movie and you s/b OK -

Happy New Year,

Pete

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member