1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting from NTSC to PAL -> How ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Thorinson, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Thorinson

Thorinson Member

Hi.

I have the following problem:
    I downloaded a mpg movie (svcd). It has a resolution of 480x480 (NTSC). Now I tried to burn it with Nero but the result was a shifted movie with black bars beneath it. So I tried to open it with VirtualDub with the chance to convert it to PAL. But it doesnt load cos of "pack syncronisation error". Tried TMPGEnc aswell but got a "unsupported" message.
    Watching the movie with Mediaplayer works.
    Did I miss something ? What can I do to solve this ?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You said you got an mpeg file that was NTSC SVCD. Was it an .mpg file?? Because if it was, its rare to get them like that, usually you'd get a bin/cue! If it was an avi then I can help :)

3. Thorinson

Thorinson Member

No. Its a mpg file. Playable with Mediaplayer, 480x480 resolution and 29fps.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You dont suppose it could be possible that somebody simply copied this off an svcd disk?? if they did then it needs to be brought back to its original mpeg state (before it was burned). Theres a program called VCDEasy - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm

In it click tools - mpeg tools. You will see cdxa2mpeg converter so try and run the mpg through that and see if the output file can be opened in TMPGEnc.

5. Thorinson

Thorinson Member

I will try this. Tnx.
    After it I will report what happened.