1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting from PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by polski-, Feb 9, 2005.

1. polski-

polski- Member

i downloaded a DVDr image thats PAL format and i know that my dvd player only plays ntsc and does not convert. I donno if this is the right place to post this but does anyone know how i can convert the image to ntsc and play it on my dvd player? thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Nero Vision Express should be able to do it for you. It will take some time to convert.

Jerry

3. polski-

polski- Member

how exactly could i do that?

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

You have NeroVision Express, I take it?

Read the User guide for it, especially the section on "Create your first movie." In "Step 2/3" browse to your PAL video files, and add them to the "Asset List" window. Then drag them down to the storyboard/timeline. Work through the steps. They are pretty intuitive. If you have specific questions, ask.

Now here's the kicker: when converting from PAL to NTSC, you really don't have to do anything. NVE will see that they are PAL, and offer to convert them for you. Just say yes, and it will convert them during the transcoding process.

Be prepared to spend some time on this.