1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting HD-DVD or Blu-Ray to .avi or .mkv on a Mac

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by skiitaly, Jan 30, 2010.

1. skiitaly

skiitaly Member

Can anyone out there give me a clue as to how it would be possible to rip and convert HD DVD's and Blu-Ray discs to a usable format for a WD Live TV?

I have over 100 HD-DVD's that I would love to put on hard drives that I could play in 1080p on my TV though the WD Live TV Media Player...

Any ideas?

I have both a PC and a Mac, I would prefer the solution for the Mac. I also have an LG drive that reads both HDDVD and Blu-Ray.

Thanks!

2. hebelida

hebelida Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  3. hatetea58

hatetea58 Guest

First, use anydvd hd to pull blu-ray file off the disc, then use handbrake to convert the file to mkv format wd tv favors. Finally, u these movies on your wdtv. Just so easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  4. JoshuaG

JoshuaG Member

I had recently purchase a Blue ray and along with it few movies had came. One of my friend was looking for conversion from blue ray to DVD. I think this thread might help him. Thanks for providing such a valuable information.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. luckyad

luckyad Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

JoshuaG, edit that link out of your sig ASAP.
    1. Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you need to advertise your products on our site, contact us via the feedback form and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you/your company.
    3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.
    posts edited

7. scrapesky

scrapesky Member

im in the same boat as the author of the thread. i take my BD, use my LG BD RE/RW to rip either the .m2ts, or just use MakeMkv, and you can select the main feature for a mkv file. i converted Avatar to mkv and my WDTV media player will not allow audio, perfect picture, just no audio. so i have had better luck after converting to mkv to h.264(.mp4). i don't have the audio issues with hardly any other mkv files, just one or two.