1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AndrewRJ, Jun 17, 2007.

1. AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ Member

I'm having a little trouble. DVD Decrypter works just fine. But I'm having slight converting trouble. WinAVI was working well but now it says I need an DVD/MPEG2 Decoder or something. Well, I found VirtualDub and it worked in converting it to AVI. The only problem is that the sound wasn't there. I did what everyone said in making it Direct Stream or whatever it was. Just wondering if there's something I can do to keep the audio on there or if there's another program that will work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

AndrewRJ

What kind of file is it and what do you want to do with it?

3. AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ Member

They are VOB files after I use DVD Decrypter. And sometimes, I can convert them to WMV with WinAVI. But it just told me what I said in the first message. I was just wondering what I could do to convert them to AVIs or something that WinAVI could convert to WMV. VirtualDub worked, just that the audio didn't come with it.

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ Member

Thanks. It's working, just going very slow due to the large size of the file. But I don't mind. I was just looking for something that works. So thank you.

6. AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ Member

Nevermind. It was working and then gave me an error message. And I haven't the slightest clue what could be wrong. So I'm giving up on it. Lol. Thanks anyway.