1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting mpeg1 to playable file for stand-alone?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by medialife, Jan 13, 2004.

1. medialife

medialife Member

I have an mpeg1 file that I downloaded (one file), and I'd like to burn it onto a dvd that can play on a stand-alone. Is there any way I can convert it to a playable file without first converting it to AVI files? It seems to me that AVI files end up extremely large when you convert to them, and I don't have the space or time to do that. Is there a simpler way, perhaps using TMPgenc Plus v.2.521.58.169?

(That's the only version I have... the afterdawn download isn't working for that program, and when looking elsewhere, that was the only working download. But the program seems to work fine.)

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

As you have an mpg 1 file already you could just convert it to a vcd that should work on your standalone. To do it into a proper dvd format you will have to re-encode to a mpeg 2 complaint file i.e. using tmpgenc then use an authoring program like tmpgenc dvd author. Tmpgenc should reconise the mpg format. However unless the mpeg1 is brilliant quality, would advise not to waste the time converting it, as you will not improve the quality re-encoding it, I would just make it into a vcd using nero/vcd easy.

3. medialife

medialife Member

How do I use Nero to convert the mpeg1 to VCD?